Thursday, July 2, 2009

A strong woman needs prayers

This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 2.5, Attribution ShareAlike 2.0 and Attribution ShareAlike 1.0 License. In short: you are free to share and make derivative works of the file under the conditions that you appropriately attribute it, and that you distribute it only under a license identical to this one.I just found out that Cory Aquino is in a serious condition. She has been battling colon cancer for over a year now, and it seems that the disease is gaining on her.

Amidst all the hullabaloo about Barack Obama and the upcoming Philippine presidential elections -- and, yes, also Michael Jackson's death -- I have nearly forgotten the state of the former president's health. Prior to all this, I don't remember Cory Aquino looking pitiful despite the diagnosis. She was always calm and smiling when she appeared on TV. I thought that she was going to breeze through this disease.

Now I'm worried about her. I also learned that Cory has stopped her chemotherapy -- and that's not a good sign.

I look up to Prez Cory as a role model for woman empowerment. She is a pioneer: the first female president of the Philippines, and first female president of Asia. Though I do not agree with her on some points, I am also very much in awe of her.

Cory is definitely a strong person. However, just as she couldn't have been triumphant with Edsa I without the efforts of other people, she couldn't possibly succeed in this fight on her own.

More than ever, she needs your prayers to increase her strength.

Please pray with her.

* the Blue Ribbon, the symbol of the fight against colon cancer (picture from MesserWoland of Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me